Friday, February 8, 2008

Let's go to class.

Alright. It's currently snowing super hard, the buses aren't running.. so, here's an update!

It's time to go to school yaaay! Let's leave the dorm.
Goodbye, Seminar House 4! I'll miss you.

And now.. we walk. A random shot of my walk. It's kinda uneventful. I walk along this path. To my left, houses and some business. To my right, a few businesses, and then, a giant Komatsu factory. (That's the name of the factory, Komatsu.) It's not much to look at.

Almost to the East Gate of campus! This is the corner shop right in front. The blue onning's text reads "Tabacco"-- here are some cigarette vending machines. They're cheap, too, pretty weird stuff. Too bad I'm not a smoker or I'd have a little Death-Dealing corner!

Hooray! After walking about half a mile, we've reached the East Gate. There are guards here to monitor who comes and goes. These gates close sometimes, I don't know when, though. Maybe Holidays? Anyway. After this, you have to walk about another half a mile. It's a really boring walk, nothing to look at. The "east gate" is soooo off campus.

Finally! Reached campus. Here's the bike parking area, one of many. This is just about 1/4 of it, and as you can see it's pretty empty at the moment. It's usually bike-to-bike with no space at all.

On campus, I got this nice shot overlooking the soccer fields. In the distance you can see the mountains.

Suddenly, SNOW! This was yesterday, it snowed viciously for about 30 minutes and stopped, with nothing collecting. Today it has accumulated.
I dont really have good campus pictures yet, but I'll take some soon.

Coming up soon: Tasty food pictures, more campus shots, local sights.

Yep. Things have been a bit uneventful lately. Classes as usual, had some fun plans for today that were foiled by the mega snow.

Maybe I'll do something fun soon..

5 comments:

  1. Bike racks look crazy... I can't believe that is considered empty!

    I'm ejoying reading up on ya, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw that tobacco sign written in moon language, but are most things written in both moon and english once you get to campus/city?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parece que la idea que yo tenia de Japon esta equivocada. Donde esta la gente? Parece en lugar muy solitario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saeid - I know! It's going to be chaos when all the students come back to campus, I'm a little afraid. I'll keep posting for rreals.

    Gibbo - On campus, since its a "Foreign Language University", there are a lot of signs in english. There are always a few hundred english-speakers on campus, though. But besides campus? Nope. It's pretty much all moon-runes. Sometimes the name of a business will be in english "LOVERS MOON" for example-- but to figure out what it IS, you'll need to know japanese to read the rest. There are some places that write stuff in roman characters, but the word is still in Japanese. Like "Obento shop" (packed meal shop). There isn't a whole lot of FULL, COHERENT english around, but sometimes there is.

    Mama- bueno, en las ciudades grandes, si hay muchisima gente. Y hay veces que estoy en un autobus completamente llena o lo que sea. Pero como no vivo en Osaka-shi (la ciudad de verdad), no hay tantisima gente. Pero hoy me fui al centro de este ciudad pequeno (Hirakata-shi) y habia muchisima gente y autobuses y trenes y tal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate two whole coconuts today, and my belly tells me no no no! I am so lost without your guidance.

    Ron Paul was also elected president in your absence.

    ReplyDelete