Monday, October 11, 2010

Open house: finishie

Open House
So I had my first (and, supposedly, only) Open House last week. Basically this meant that all of my student's parents came into the classroom and watched while I gave a very fake lesson.  The students were already prepped to answer, so it was pretty much a farce.  But, whatever. My open houses went .. okay. Not wonderfully-- not poorly. Fine, more or less. So, basically, a success!!

Ruth came to visit me!
Ruth, one of my friends from university when I was 16 (though actually from the same hometown, as well)-- visited me!  She's currently living in Shanghai but she had a few days off, so she visited me just before open house.  Here are some pictures of us being lovely. I would upload more but Blogger's being stupid and not letting me.




Overall
Fall weather has finally set in, the last few weeks. It's been pretty pleasant so far, but I'm dreading the time when the winter weather comes.. That's gonna be really .. not fun.

Videos!
John gave me a video camera before I left for Korea, and, believe it or not, I have made some videos. Mostly very short. Not spectacularly edited or anything, but the quality of the film is quite good anyway.


Stupid korean clothes store.


Ridiculous beaver eating. Silly silly music ahead.


Enjoying the views at a great artificial stream in Seoul, called "Cheonggyecheon"


A small temple near Cheonggyecheon in Seoul. Jogyesan. Pretty.

365 project
Here's some random pictures I've taken for that. (The one for Ruth were from that project, too.)
MR. XCITEMENT

View from my window.

My desk at work.. total disaster zone.

Lazy day at home with the hamster.

Sometimes I ride a school bus home at the end of the day. I was sitting in a backwards-facing seat so I snapped this picture.

The children from my school sitting and waiting for the bus while watching a movie. We call this time of the day "Bus Line."  Fun stuff.

A kiddy walking around in the park I walk through to go between home and work.

Eating cotton candy from a famous vendor in Seoul (Hongdae). With AMANDA!

Back alley near my house.

My kitty notebook and some pose sketches.
Okay, that's all! BYEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment